The Providence personal injury attorneys of Gemma Law Associates Inc., are committed to serving the public beyond the courtroom walls. We recognize that the practice of law brings with it a responsibility to support charitable efforts and organizations that enrich our community.
We are Proud of Our Extensive Community Involvement
Our attorneys are involved in the Providence area and surrounding communities in various ways. Members of the firm participate in many community and service activities, particularly organizations designed for the protection of those most in need: children, seniors and animals.
Alfred J. Gemma volunteers with several social services organizations such as:
- McCauley House
- AMOS House
- St. Vincent and Paul Society
- St. Rocco’s Church
- Gateway Pentecostal Church
- United Pentecostal Church
- He also participates in the Committee of Immigration in Action, the National Coalition for Dignity and Amnesty, and the annual Multiple Sclerosis Walkathon.
- He sponsors two Elmwood Little League teams, is active with the Rhode Island Juvenile Association and helps educate children about the dangers of drugs through the DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) program.
- Al works with the Rhode Island Association of Disabled Police Officers and serves on the President’s Council of San Miguel School.
- He has been awarded the Rhode Island Senate Citation in recognition for his generosity to the community during the holiday seasons.
- Volunteers at the Crossroads Rhode Island homeless shelter, which is the largest homeless services organization in the state.
- He is also a member of the Food Allergy Network, a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing about a clearer understanding of the issues surrounding food allergies.
- He participates in the Tomorrow Fund, which provides support to children with cancer and their families.
- Peter especially enjoys his time with an after-school enrichment program for urban youth known as SquashBusters.
- Very active in the Children’s Bicycle Helmet Safety Program
- Tomorrow Fund
- Food Allergy Network.
- Close to his heart is his involvement with the Providence Animal Rescue League, a non-profit organization that has been dedicated to the care and welfare of animals for more than 90 years.
- Mark also works with the Roger Williams University School of Law Alumni Association Scholarship Fund, which offers several merit-based awards.