Did you know that Rhode Island has the highest percentage of individuals that operate a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol? 41 percent of Rhode Island traffic deaths are due to drunk driving. Rhode Island has a serious problem with drunk drivers. Each year, hundreds of people are seriously injured in drunk driving accidents. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured or killed by an intoxicated driver, it is important that you contact a Rhode Island drunk driving lawyer right away.
DUI in Rhode Island: Enforcement of the Law
Rhode Island has some of the worst drunk driving records in the country – but the state does not conduct DUI checkpoints. Sobriety checkpoints are seen as a violation of the constitution, and therefore the state does not enforce them; however, just because there are no checkpoints, does not mean that law enforcement is not on constant watch for intoxicated drivers. If you assume that someone is operating a vehicle under the influence, you are encouraged to remain a safe distance away and call 911. Doing so can help save a life, and ensure that the driver can be held accountable if someone is injured in a Rhode Island drunk driving accident.
Were you injured in a Drunk Driving Accident in Providence?
Have you been involved in a Rhode Island car accident with an intoxicated driver? It is important that you follow these simple steps:
- Remain calm, and check to make sure that you and other drivers and passengers are safe.
- For minor fender-benders, move to the side of the road for safety.
- Call emergency services immediately.
- If possible, record the time, date, and any damage to your vehicle.
- Get the name, address, and phone number of the drivers involved, as well as from any eyewitnesses if possible.
- Do not refuse medical assistance. Some serious or even fatal internal injuries are not immediately noticeable.
- Contact an attorney. A Rhode Island drunk driving lawyer will help you to seek compensation for your medical bills, and all other economic and non-economic damages, including pain and suffering, as well as the costs of damage to your vehicle.
The sooner you hire a RI car accident lawyer, the sooner you may be able to get compensation for what you have endured. The state of Rhode Island has a statute of limitations on filing a personal injury lawsuit, so act now.
Working with Gemma Law Associates, Inc.
Our firm is proud of our extensive experience and outstanding representation of individuals, victims, and family members throughout the Providence, Rhode Island area. We have successfully assisted countless clients in obtaining the compensation that they deserve following an accident, and we may be able to help you, too. Our office understands that this time in your life may be difficult, and we strive to provide the highest quality of legal representation and seek to ensure that your case is settled in a timely and efficient manner.
For more information on our team, or to see how working with Gemma Law Associates, Inc., can help you, contact our office and schedule a case evaluation as soon as possible. You deserve to work with a dedicated team – call us.